Thursday, September 2, 2010

A revolutionary is who you are, not what you do

Hello again! It is so good to see you here at A Good Bible Study. Let's pray and get right into the Word:

Lord, thank you for this time and opportunity to share Your love with each other through this study. I ask you to open the eyes, ears, and hearts of each of us reading these words right now. Give us a burning passion to learn who You are and who we are to You, and give each of us an unquenchable will to receive all the Wisdom You have to for us in this message, and in Your Word. Change us today - change us for the rest of our lives! In the name of Jesus, amen.

Do you remember last week when we explored our gifts, talents, and resources? We each came up with one idea to put into action. Have you followed through on that intention? Why or why not?
______________________________
______________________________

Martin Smith, Delirious?, said, "When we think of worship . . . our minds go to Sunday morning in a church building . . . (but) you can't start a revolution with nineteen minutes of singing together. It has to be your whole life."

I say, it has to be who you are, not what you do.

When I do things because I "should," but don't really have a heart for, after a while, I start avoiding doing those things. I either have to get back to the heart of why I should do it, and get excited about that why, or I need to stop doing it and find something I do have a passion for instead. Does that make sense?

Paul said we are the church, not some building we meet in. The church (that's you and me) has got to love God and love each other every day, not just during the sermon or the hymns.

Read Ephesians 1:22-23 below, and also look it up in your own bible to compare.

"And God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of Him who fills everything in every way." New International Version

Now read 1 Corinthians 12:12-13 below and in your own bible.

"The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink." New Interntional Version

So, church . . . In The Love Revolution Devotional Workbook and Field Journal, Joyce Meyer asks us what obstacles we are facing in setting and taking action on our Love Revolution goals?
________________________________________
________________________________________

Go back and re-read what you wrote about your gifts, talents, passions, and resources. Does the goal you set fit in with those abilities and desires? If so, what will you do this week to take one more step toward doing something to accomplish your plan?
________________________________________
________________________________________

If what to chose is something you realize is not a good fit, right now, think of something you can do, no matter who grand or how small, today to make it a reality. Remember, every mountain is climbed by taking one step at a time, in one direction. Every day, it is just one step at a time.

I will do _______________________________________________ today as the first step in achieving my revolutionary goal of ___________________________________
______________________________________________________!

Congratulations! The first step is the hardest and you can do it!

Lord, thank you for helping me re-focus on letting my love be an action, not just a loft idea. Give me wisdom as I use the passions, the drives, the gifts and talents You have given me to enable me to enjoy helping others and showing them love. Make it clear to me who I need to contact. Show me what resources are available that I am not aware of. Open the doors for me Lord, and give me the will to walk through! I want to be excited about something Lord! In Your name, amen.

Love, Karen

Photo by Laurent Hamels, courtesy of Photoxpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.