Monday, September 6, 2010

Can you feel the change?

Welcome back to A Good Bible Study - it's good to see you!

After a day of rest yesterday, I am excited to get back in the Word of God! Let's pray:

Father, thank you for giving us rest. Help us to take advantage of Your good commandment and obey. It is so important to recharge our batteries and love ourselves! We forget that without us, a lot of what other people enjoy in our homes, just wouldn't happen. So empower us Lord to obey You here. Thank you, and in the name of Jesus, amen.

As we near the end of our focus for this particular series, The Love Revolution Devotional Workbook and Field Journal, by Joyce Meyer,we are becoming, more and more, Love Revolutionaries. Can you feel the change?

It might have started out with a fervor and is now mellowing into a strong undercurrent of our daily lives. Perhaps for you it has been slowly building as you see the effects of loving God, loving others and loving yourself, in action. May be you came out of the gate with a new burning goal to put love in action and have not looked back since.

In whatever way the Love Revolution is working itself out in your life, I am proud of you. You've stuck with me and are allowing yourself to let love in and let love work in you, and through you. We are not done yet, but I want you to spend some time today thinking about the changes you have experienced over the past few weeks as a result of your time in this study. Share some with the rest of us in the comments. No one wants to feel alone.

The greatest change I have experienced is feeling more sense of responsibility for the way I love my immediate family. I want them to have my best love, my kindest tone of voice, my most sincere apologies and most immediate forgiveness.

For some of you that is an easy task, but it can be a challenge for me especially when I am under deadlines and have a busy schedule. Then I am quicker to bark orders than say please, much of the time. This has been a continuing journey for me over the past few years, remembering "Relationship First, Schedule Second" and the Love Revolution is helping me keep the heat under my heels.

In what ways are you changing, or seeing the need for change? Write out your answer, it is much more powerful when you do:
___________________________________________
___________________________________________
___________________________________________

Pray along with me:

Father, I want Your love more than anything else in this world. I can't even love myself without You, much less anyone else. Not in a way that fills me up, instead of slowly draining me dry. Lord, I just can't do it all without You. There is not enough of me to go around. Give me what I lack, Lord. I want to love You with all that I have. I want to love others because I have so much love I just can't stand not to share it. I want to treat myself with love, because I am the image of You, and I am worth loving. In the name of Jesus, amen.

Love, Karen

Photo by Dabobabo, courtesy of Photoxpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.