Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Finalizing our Love Revolution goals and dreams

Welcome back to A Good Bible Study!

Let's pray for God to infuse our time together with His Spirit, and His direction.

Father, these past weeks have been a blessing. We are learning about the greatest of Your gifts, and the greatest of Your expectations for us: love. I'm getting it, Lord. You love me. I love You. You love every sister and brother reading this study and those who are not. It's not a difficult concept, is it? My prayer today, our prayer today, is that You make it more easy for each of us to love, than it is to be indifferent. Make it so easy in our spirits that it is just like breathing, Lord. In Your name, Jesus, amen.

Let's look back for just a minute. We are nearing the end of The Love Revolution Devotional Workbook and Field Journal, by Joyce Meyer, but rest assured we are not ending A Good Bible Study. There is so much to share together, to learn with one another. So, keep coming back because we are moving into a study I wrote based on one of my most requested talks, "Stress-Less." What do you think that's about, hmm?

But, back in chapter 4 here, we learned our "love revolutionary war verse," do you remember? Look it up again. 2 Corinthians 5:15.

"He died for all people, so that those who live should no longer live ___ themselves but ___ the one who died and rose for them." International Standard Version

In chapter 6 we wrote our Love Revolution goals and dreams, along with some dates by which we would accomplish them. In chapter 7 we made adjustments to keep on the path, because obstacles are a part of any revolution.

Joyce asks us at this point: What challenges are you facing and what do you need to do to keep your Love Revolution goals and dreams moving forward?
_________________________________________
_________________________________________
_________________________________________

Also, in what specific areas do you need to continue to seek God's wisdom for your Love Revolution goals and dreams? Do you need more self-discipline or motivation; more of God's grace and power; help from a friend; or resources?
_________________________________________
_________________________________________
_________________________________________

We are challenged to develop the habit to review and update our lives as Love Revolutionaries! Don't let your love stagnate through business and distraction, or simple inactivity. Get out your calendar and write down when and how you will follow through on your Love Revolution goals!

Read John 13:17

If you know these things, _____ are you if you do them. American King James Version

Let's all get happy, yeah?
Let's meet tomorrow and after thinking over today's lesson, share about our goals. In the meantime, decide whether or not you need to adjust or revise your goals. Let's close with Joyce's final prayer:

"Father God, I come to you in Jesus' name. I thank you, Lord, for teaching me to be a Love Revolutionary. I know I have more to learn, and I am excited about You working in me each extraordinary day of my life! Teach me what love really means and how to apply that every day in my life and for others. God, I pray that this would not be a short-term thing I do for a month and then forget all about it. No, I want this to be life-changing - a permanent change in me by the grace and power of Your Word and Holy Spirit.
    
Father, I thank You for helping me to follow through, I desire more than good intentions, so I lift this up to You and ask You to empower me to love the way You love, each day, every day, as a way of life - a Love Revolution life! In Jesus' name, amen."

Love, Karen

Photo by Andy Newson, courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.