Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Fasting day two

If you have been following my fasting posts, you will remember that yesterday was a good, good fasting day. No cravings, no hunger even, and peaceful. Today?

Pretty darn good! I had time to get up, spend some time reading my Bible (in love with The Passion Translation right now and its Aramaic conversational translation) then praying in the Spirit - always the best way to start my day.

The main effect of Day Two was I felt more tired than usual this afternoon, however, the truth be told (run-on sentence alert) I was up late two nights at a women's retreat, then came home and had a movie marathon with my youngest son (uh, can you say 3 a.m.) Sunday, and was still up till midnight last night despite my many declarations that I couldn't wait to get to sleep. Jeepers, my fingers are tired now. Plus, I drove to the dentist (1.5 hours away) so I would probably be tired no matter what.

(And you win the prize for busiest, therefore important, person award - I think I will give myself a Eutaptics session on that little nugget.)

Thankfully, fasting does give me a sort of ethereal sense of being very relaxed in general. It's easier to stop the running and doing and have more being. I find I am reading instead of rushing. Yeah, it's good stuff.

That said: I vow to fall asleep by may be 11 p.m. tonight, may be, hopefully, we'll see... What does God say, "Let your yes be yes and your vow be vow...?"

OK, I would like to be asleep by 11 pm - happy, sleep police?

 At each and every sunrise you will hear my voice
as I prepare my sacrifice of prayer to you.[c]
Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on the altar
and wait for your fire to fall upon my heart.[dPsalm 5:3 TPT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.