Friday, September 27, 2019

Fasting day 5

Today I am thinking about what I am going to eat to break my fast. This is the first time I've even thought about food. No real trauma, just thinking about it and wanting to be wise and not pig out. That's a quick route to pain, bloating, and trips to the bathroom!

I'm thinking fresh fruit sounds good then later some vegetable soup. That's as far as I dare think, I don't want to go down that road of food fantasizing, that's the worst thing to do when fasting.

Instead of thinking about eating, a spiritual water fast involves spending that time I would have in thinking about food and preparing food and eating food instead in prayer, Scripture reading, or watching or listening to solid teaching and preaching.

Feeding the spirit instead of the body. Coming out on the other side refreshed and restored and renewed inwardly. I can't wait to see what God is up to and what He is working for my good during this time!

So we are convinced that every detail of our lives is continually woven together to fit into God’s perfect plan of bringing good into our lives, for we are his lovers who have been called to fulfill his designed purpose. Romans 8:28 TPT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.