Friday, September 27, 2019

Fasting day four

This week God has answered one specific prayer so far: to bring me more people to join with in prayer and fellowship in Christ.

Those with whom to pray softly and proclaim loudly, to praise and to sing, to soak in His presence, to hear and speak wisdom and knowledge that can only come from His Holy Spirit. If you haven't experienced it, I probably can't explain it or convince you, and if you have then you know exactly what I am talking about.  

So, answers....starting with the beginning of the week I spoke with a long time friend who shared she is one such prayer. Another friend told me about a group at a local church who happened to be meeting tonight (yes it was awesome!) and then there's another group walking and praying the Psalms together tomorrow. Plus I have two groups I pray with each week. My cup runneth over. Psalm 23:5b (You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.)

Often we aren't aware that the answers to our needs have already been provided, we simply need to ask. Then be on the lookout, assume God heard you pray the first time, be thankful.

Today the fast went much the same as any other day this week: His yoke is easy. It's easy to pull the weight, it seems like nothing at all for He does the heavy lifting. My job, and the hardest job in my mind, is to say "Yes." After that, it's all Him.

Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. James 4:8 The Message 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.