Sunday, September 29, 2019

Fasting day 7

Well, this was it. 7 days of water fasting.

I prayed today that I finish strong. That I not get swept up into fantasies about what I'm going to eat tomorrow. That's a downhill slope toward overeating and to me, dishonors what I have done this week.

Fruit, raw salad, vegetable soup. There, done.

I asked God to accomplish everything He wants done in me through this fast. Of course I had my own hit list of what I was dedicating this fast for. People I care for, people I counsel and my own needs.

I am amazed that I did it - and I am well aware it was accomplished by His power and not my own. I barely made it through a 5 day fast last year that I did for cleansing and restorative reasons, but I did that for myself, and not for God.

This was different. Completely given by God, enabled by God, and blessed by God, and and all I had to do was say yes. I've said that before, after yes, it's all easy.

I can't wait to see what is different from this day forward!! I praise Him, through Him all things in my life work for my good and in everything that is good I give thanks! Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.