Monday, August 16, 2010

Show me I have value

Hello again. Thank you for meeting me for A Good Bible Study today!

We are entering chapter five of The Love Revolution Devotional Workbook and Field Journal, by Joyce Meyer. Let's pray for our hearts to be changed by today's message:

Lord, thank you for bringing us together today, to share in Your love and Your wisdom. We ask you to strengthen our love for You today, and for those in our families. Help us to bless someone in our own home today. In Jesus' name, amen.

Let me ask you: has this study brought about any real change in you so far? ______

Are you more of a love revolutionary now, than when you began this study? ________

John and Abigail Adams wrote more than one thousand letters to each other over the course of their lifetimes. They encouraged each other during our nation's most challenging time. In regards to the Revolutionary War, John Adams wrote: "The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments of their duties and obligations."

His wife, and our second 1st Lady wrote: "You cannot be, I know, an inactive spectator . . . We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them."

What are some things you have done, or begun to plan to do, to move from being an inactive spectator to a love revolutionary?
_______________________________________
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

During the next week, we will focus on ways to make others feel valuable. Don't you love it when someone does something for you that makes it clear they see you as valuable?

Read Philipians 4:8-9

Based on these verses, what are some qualities in your loved ones that you can compliment?

Is there anything true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent,
absolutely anything worthy of praise - find it and make a big ol' sloppy deal over it! God says to practice these things, and the peace of God will be with you.

Want some examples? Here are some examples of the way our family shows value to one another.
  • I love it when my husband has paid attention to my likes and dislikes. He usually buys me flowers to show his love, and I feel especially important when he buys me my favorites, instead of his.
  • On birthdays, I make the special person breakfast in bed, their choice, and they also get to choose the dinner menu.
  • We pray over each child every night thanking God for their presence in our home and family, and asking for help with any particular problem that child is experiencing.
I look forward to hearing what you do to make the people in your family feel valuable. Put them in the comments section, below, or email them to me.

Love, Karen

Photo by AndreyPS, courtesy of Photoxpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.