Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The next week's study lessons

Hello - welcome back to A Good Bible Study!

I am going to be out of touch for the next week - a long awaited trip with my husband - so, I have some verses and lessons for you to do on your own for the next seven days. You can do it - this will be good for you to look through the bible and let the Holy Spirit move in you. Come back each day, and just work through this post. Let's pray:

Father, bless each person reading this now. Open Your Word to them in an awe-inspiring, heart-pumping, Holy-Spirit-praising kind of way. I mean, knock their socks off, Lord! Let each person experience the joy of your living Word in a fresh way this week. In the name of Jesus, amen.

Day One: From The Love Revolution Devotional Workbook and Field Journal, by Joyce Meyer:
"When Kristen Hendricks and Jamie Scroggs heard Joyce say, 'What you can't stand, you are called to fix,' they decided to use the abilities God had given them. They created Purse of Hope, a program to gather funds to rescue, educate, and heal victims of suffering worldwide."

"I've never cried that much in my life . . . the second the video started, I just started crying and I didn't know why. I was really in shock because I didn't really know that stuff was happening . . . just the fact that it was everywhere, and in America . . . I had no idea. That's when we came together . . . and decided to do something about it." - Michigan Teenagers

"Five teenagers started Relentless Ministries to raise money for world needs. They organized a walk-a-thon and a benefit concert, sold T-shirts, and more. As a result of all their hard work, they raised more than $24,000!

"At the end of the video stories, Kristen Ohlman, one of the teenagers, says, 'This changed my life by showing me that I can do something bigger than myself. When you just give your all to God and just say, "God, use me to do something," He will really use you.'

What does the above mean to you personally?
___________________________________________________
___________________________________________________
___________________________________________________

Is there something you are being called to fix?
___________________________________________________
___________________________________________________
___________________________________________________

Lord, help us to respond to your call to fix things, even if all we can do is make a phone call, pack up some boxes of extra clothes, or even organize a fund-raiser. Help us to not do . . . nothing. In the name of Jesus, amen.

Day Two: Pray with me. Lord, today fill me up with ideas and give me the courage to act on my inspiration! In the name of Jesus, amen.

Since yesterday, what opportunities have presented themselves to you to be a help to someone, to be a part of a "fix," or to get involved in a cause that tugs on your heart?
_________________________________________
_________________________________________

How can you use your talents and gifts to help in these areas?
_________________________________________
_________________________________________
_________________________________________

Look up three verses in your bible that have to do with helping others and write them here:
__________________________________________
__________________________________________
__________________________________________

Father, as I read Your Word, and discover Your thoughts, I ask you to make it change my heart. Give me a desire to help others, an opportunity to help others, and the resources to help others, in Jesus name, amen.

Day Three: Let's open our bibles and pray for a fresh insight from God: Father, as we read Your Word, change us! In the name of Jesus, amen.

Read Ephesians 4:16

He makes the whole body fit together ________. As each part does its own special _______, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is _____ and _______ and full of _______ New Living Translation

What does this tell you about yourself as a part of the body of Christ?
______________________________________________
______________________________________________
______________________________________________

Lord, help me to be a healthy, working, part of the body. Make me useful and give me a glad heart about it! In Jesus' name, amen.

Day Four: Lord, this week I want to develop a love for all people. It has got to come from you, Lord. Let your Holy Spirit fill me with Your Love this week, like no other time in my life. Thank you, in the name of Jesus, amen.

Read Philippians 1:6

And I am certain that God, who began the _____ ______within you, will ______ His work until it is finally finished on the day when ______ ______ returns. New Living Translation

If God has begun to stir something in your heart, will He complete it and empower You to do whatever He inspires in you? _______________

Father, thank you for assuring me that if You put it into my heart, into my vision and into my spirit, it will be accomplished! In the name of Jesus, amen.

Day Five:  Lord, we meet again and thank You for being here with us. You say that whenever two or three gather in Your name, You are with us! Matthew 18:20 There are many of us reading this, meeting here, and so You are here. We thank you in the name of Jesus, amen.

Read Psalm 138:8
The LORD will _____ His _____ for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the _____ of your hands. New International Version

If God gives you a purpose, you will feel it in your heart. If He does, who is responsible to fulfill it, you or God? ____________

Does that mean you should do nothing? ____________

God says we should do what we can for today, and trust tomorrow to Him. So what can you do today?
____________________________________

Lord, help us to be sensitive to what You have given us to do, and give us the will and the excitement to do it! In Jesus' name, amen.

Day Six: Lord, we are nearing the end of this week of searching Your Word and searching our hearts. Help us to find meaning in both. In the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, amen.

Read John 14:26

But the ________ (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the _____ _____, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will _____ you all things. And He will cause you to _____ (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you. The Amplified Bible

You are not alone. When Jesus left His earthly body, He gave us a mystical, magical, marvelous gift! He sent God's Holy Spirit to our hearts, to communicate with us, to Love us, to teach us, and to remind us of His Word. You are never alone if you have asked Jesus to forgive your sins, and to guide your life. If you have never done that, do it now.

Just ask, out loud or in your heart. "Jesus, I want you to lead my life. I am so sorry for the way I have kept you out of my life, and I want you now. I can't do this on my own. I give you everything and want everything You have for me. Amen."

If you prayed this prayer, welcome home beloved in Christ! We are all celebrating with angels for you!!

Father, help us all to renew our love for You, and we ask you now to forgive us our sins. Help us to be aware of when we are drifting away from you, and bring us home. In the name of Jesus, amen.

Day Seven: Lord, I can't wait to see what is in Your Word for me today! Thank you for getting all distractions out of my mind and filling me up with all the patience and understanding I need for the day ahead. In the name of Jesus, amen.

Today is the first day of Chapter Seven of The Love Revolution Devotional Workbook and Field Journal, by Joyce Meyer. This chapter is about discovering what real love is about. Radical love, the kind that "God gives and Jesus lived." I like that!

Read Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates His own _____ toward us, in that while we were ____ sinners, Christ died for us.
New King James Version

God didn't wait to love us till we straightened up. Thank God!

How does this verse relate directly to The Love Revolution?
______________________________________________
______________________________________________

How is this an example of radical love?
_____________________________________________
_____________________________________________

God didn't have to send His willing Son to die for us. God doesn't have to love us. Jesus didn't have to give up His freedom for us. How did Paul respond to Jesus' act of love? Read 1 Corinthians 9:19

Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. New International Version

Lord, give me the fervor of Paul to love those around me radically, so they might be won to Christ! In the name of Jesus, amen.

Love, Karen

Photo by Kavita, courtesy of Photoxpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.